5 Keys to Success in the Social Age
The Social Revolution’s impact on the business world cannot be over-estimated. Like the meteor that likely precipitated the end of the dinosaurs, social is the catalyst in an extinction event – and business as we know it has changed forever.
Ted Coine and Mark Babbitt will present their five keys to success in the Social Age. Included will be the importance of using social as an engagement tool, and not a media channel; how social serves as the “great equalizer” (today, everyone competes; and the critical contributions of brand ambassadors and champions. Also included are in-depth discussions of Mark and Ted’s concept of OPEN (Ordinary People; Extraordinary Network) and what the authors refer as the “Blue Unicorn” – the social leader.
Here are just a sample of the fundamental and powerful changes the Social Age has set in motion:
- Engagement – with partners, employees, and customers – is not a luxury; it is a requirement.
- Customers now have tremendous power – just watch what happens as more realize it
- Recruiting is now a two-way proposition, with job seekers able to peer behind the corporate curtain
- Relationship and community-building is how customers and brand ambassadors are won – and retained
- With increased transparency, businesses must be more ethical – no more pretending
- Command-and-control leadership is now so inefficient, it is a liability; the most effective leaders will be social leaders, or “Blue Unicorns”
- Although few corporations are capable of the agility required by evolving marketplaces, nimble and small is the new competitive advantage
This presentation will include compelling stories and concrete examples of companies demonstrating enlightened business practices and doing social right – and some that are not – and the lessons to be learned from their experiences. So they may successfully transition from a 20th- to a 21st-century “social” organization, attendees will discover the five keys to success in the Social Age – and how to best be a social leader.
This webinar will enable the attendee to lead their organization, including those in the C-Suite, successfully into the Social Age.[contentblock id=3 img=html.png]
More about Mark & Ted:
Mark Babbitt is CEO and Founder of YouTern, a social community for college students, recent graduates and young professionals that Mashable calls a Top 5 Online Community for Starting Your Career.
A prolific blogger and speaker, he is also President of Switch and Shift and a co-founder of ForwardHeroes.org.
Mark is the father of five and a grandfather; he and his wife call Seattle home.
Ted Coiné is co-founder of Switch and Shift, a leadership community that believes organizations – in order to thrive in the Social Age – must build trust-based relationships, lead with purpose, and enable employees to do work that matters.
A noted blogger and speaker, Ted was recently named a Forbes Top 10 Social Media Power Influencer.
Ted lives with his wife and two daughters in Naples, Florida.